CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Think you can get away with this?

Signed by - May -

Monday, September 22, 2008

Back from Bangkok!

Yups, I'm back from Bangkok for almost a week now! Finally writing my Bangkok post ...lazy bah! Well, this is what I've gotta say:


I HAVEN'T HAD MY THAI MASSAGE (the decent one)!

I HAVENT WATCHED THE CABARET SHOW!

I HAVEN'T BEEN TO DREAMWORLD!

I HAVEN'T BEEN TO CHAPTUCAK!

I HAVEN'T TRIED THAI TEA! (Paeng says it's really good...hmm~)


I'm definitely going to Bangkok again....soon (i hope)!

4 days just isn't enough for you to explore everything, especially when you have other things to do.


August 14th - 17th, Donovan and I went to Bangkok for the 14th ASEAN University Youth Summit as young ambassadors of Brunei. "Young ambassadors"... I love the sound of that! ;) Representatives of the ASEAN nations met in Bangkok to discuss The Role of Youths in Promoting ASEAN 2015.



Greeted by the giant at the airport

How ambassadorial! 


Day 1 was a free day. Being typical Bruneians, we went....shopping lah! Went to MBK...but i didn't buy anything. Gah...i just wasn't in the mood to shop, and i was never a shoppy person anyway. -__-


Oh wait! I did buy something...which Don described as porky!


Day 2 comes the serious stuff. We went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have our "ambassadorial" meeting. Hehehe...i just HAD to use that word! 

Each country presented their papers, and then we discussed our papers and then we made a joint statement based on our papers. Mm...yes, the boring bit.




Now, the day before...Don and I were really nervous about our presentations. Coz of stories about the monk, who is in the Debating Society in Bangkok. How he can find every little flaw in our argument blabla...all those scary stuff. Very intimidating leh!


Turns out...LP's a really nice guy. And a really cool monk!! 


And while other representatives were presenting their papers, my eyes wandered around and i noticed this picture...


I find this man looks very much like...Our Crown Prince!!

(Click to enlarge)


Day 3 is the continuation of the serious business: Consideration and Adoption of the joint statement, and then submitting it to the big people at the ASEAN Department. Woosh! The whole thing sounds so...Wow! It feels like I've actually contributed to something important. Very ambassadorial indeed!


Then, we pergi the Cultural Museum of Siam. Apparently, it's new. Now, one would have thought museum trips are boring, coz it's all displays and displays and more displays. But this is one helluva cool museum! Very hmm...interactive? With lotsa games, displays that you can actually touch and play with...dan sebagainya!


See! They even have this 70an restaurant! 



Complete with the jukebox!



It was sooo cool that we didn't want to leave and the coordinator had to make us move!


Lepas itu, we walked to a nearby university...uhh...i forgot the name. It's near the Chao Praya river. Ughh...the walk was TORTURING because i was in super high heels! Nyak!!! Luckily i spotted a small 'gerai' selling shoes...I bought a pair of flats without thinking! Hahaha....heavenly~~~


The Chao Praya River


And Day 4 is our departure.... :'(


OK, I'm gonna be sakai here before i end my post...



These are the LONGEST sausages I have ever seen! 





BRUNEI YAKIN! 

(Lol...that was random)

1 comments:

Young Cadres said...

Have a wonderful life Young Ambassador of Goodwill from Brunei!

How are you?