CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Think you can get away with this?

Signed by - May -

Friday, March 19, 2010

UNDV

Hmm...so i just received an invitation to the United Nations Day of Vesak in Ayutthaya and Bangkok, Thailand. I was all excited about it at first when i got the email that they're "thrilled" to have me on board coz they've never had anyone from Brunei before. But when i finally got the official invitation, it just hit me...this is a religious event. And i know absolutely NOTHING about Buddhism. How??


I first heard about it from a friend in Thailand (i seriously think she will be a minister in Thailand one day, she does all these glamorous diplomatic jobs). Well, anyway, she was looking for people to be secretaries, minute-takers, translators for this event...and yeah, me being me, I would never throw away an opportunity to travel - I jumped at it.

Now, how ah? The thought of going to Thailand alone is kind of scary. Yeah, I've been to Thailand a couple of times but I've never been there alone. Plus, I have no knowledge of Buddhism when I'm gonna be attending such a religious event. I'm kind of nervous about this. Err err....nyaaah!!! How? How? How? HOW??!?


0 comments: